The Human Resources (HR) team within Computershare serves as a support to our most valuable resource: people. The national team works in partnership with leaders across Australia, to provide professional knowledge, advice and support on people management issues across all business units.
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for a HR Advisor to join our HR Business Partnering team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing exceptional HR support within the region. You will be assist with all operational HR activities and will also work closely with the Senior HR Business Partners to enable business leaders to meet their strategic goals.
Reporting to the HR Business Partnering Manager, this role is a great opportunity for an experienced HR generalist who has demonstrated exposure within industrial relations, employment law and awards.
This role would ideally suit a HR generalist who is looking to take their career to the next level.
What we can offer you
Computershare prides itself on offering a professional, team-oriented working environment that continues to grow in exciting and challenging industries around the globe. People with commitment and drive thrive within our high-performance and results-focused culture. They are rewarded with opportunities for flexibility, continuous personal development and the support necessary to achieve their goals and build a rewarding career.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
To be successful for this role, you must have the following:
- Knowledge of Industrial/Employee relations, employment law, interpretation of awards and familiarity with administrative proceedings
- Manage the HR agenda with the line managers in the business unit
- Manage the daily operational tasks with line managers and employees
- Assist in the coaching and support of management through difficult situations and provide feedback about people management practices
- Provide support and guidance on performance management process and grievance processes
- Assist in providing guidance and support through restructures, redundancies and terminations
- Coordinate/support the Return to Work program
- Maintain HR policies, procedures and documentation to align with Australian legislation
- Support HR procedures including process improvement and reporting
- Develop, implement and manage HR projects
- Demonstrated experience within industrial relations, employment law and awards
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- An ability to clearly liaise at all levels of the business
- Natural ability to remain objective and use discretion
- A strong team focus, with the desire and ability to share experiences
- Strong listening skills, and an ability to follow through and deliver certainty
- Motivation to lead by example and demonstrate consistent and ethical behaviour at all times
- Ability to work autonomously
- Availability with hours in order to meet business needs and flexibility to travel interstate if required
This role also requires regular travel to Ermington on a weekly basis
- Relevant Australian Government recognised tertiary qualification
- Operations, finance or service industry experience
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialise in corporate trust, mortgage, bankruptcy, class action, utility and tax voucher administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We see diversity as a source of strength - the more perspectives we have, the better equipped we’ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Computershare may conduct a criminal background check on applicants subject to current legislation.
| CERTAINTY | INGENUITY | ADVANTAGE |