Salary: $68,630 per annum; Permanent, Full-time
An opportunity exists within the Parks and Gardens Department for a motivated Bushland Management Team Leader.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a Bushland Management Team who maintain and enhance the Creek Reserves within the City of Darebin, competing with the challenges of an urban environment. Sound communication and team leadership skills are essential.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Completion of a relevant Tertiary/TAFE training and/or trade qualification in Bushland Management/ Conservation and Land Management and or substantial industry experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Bushland Management practices e.g. Bushland management/ Conservation Parkland maintenance, including:
- preparation, implementation, recording and monitoring of work programs
- budget experience
- equipment, tools and materials management
- provision of ‘on the job’ training
- plant identification
- Conservation and Land Management techniques
- Demonstrated experience in using computer related programs, including data collection and maintenance using spread sheets
- Demonstrated understanding of the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Substantial experience in relevant weed control applications
Apply online at www.darebin.vic.gov.au
or forward hard copy applications to:
Manager People and Development
Darebin City Council
PO Box 91
PRESTON VIC 3072
Applications that do not address the Key Selection Criteria as detailed in the position description will not be considered. Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity, and inclusion. Safety screening processes apply.
Luke Sandham on 03 8470 8762.
12 noon Wednesday, 27 September 2017.
15 Sep 2017
27 Sep 2017