Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence in these key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Facility Services, Health, Immigration, Justice and Transport. Serco’s Asia-Pacific division employs approximately 9,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and mainland China. We're passionate about bringing service to life for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
We are currently looking for casual Detainee Service Officers (DSOs) to be based at our Brisbane Immigration Transit Accommodation Centre. This is a unique frontline role, which is responsible for ensuring the security and safety of immigration detainees from diverse cultural backgrounds in our care whilst their Immigration pathway is being determined.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Structured Day routines of immigration detainees within the Centre.
- Using your communication skills to assist immigration detainees to manage their time in detention.
- Monitor and assist the welfare of detainees.
- Use your leadership and communication skills to resolving problems and de-escalate volatile situations in an effective and professional manner.
- Writing timely and accurate security reports and detainee case notes utilising Serco ICT platforms.
- Using your security skills to implement Serco processes and procedures to maintain the good order and security of the Centre.
- Maintain effective situational awareness to identify and resolve potential risk and threat.
- Conducting effective security searches and checks in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct secure transporting and escort of detainees to offsite activities and appointments
To be considered for this opportunity you will be a people and process focused individual who can relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
You will be able to ensure that process and procedures are completed in timely and accurate manner in accordance with organisational and contractual obligations.
You will have solid experience working with people in a customer facing, human services or security role and possess strong communication skills and sound numerical abilities. Written reports are a key requirement of this role, so you will be required to demonstrate a high level of written communication and comprehension.
In addition, successful applicants must be able to successfully meet all of the assessment requirements. Experience working with people from diverse religious and/or cultural backgrounds will be highly regarded. The Centre is operational at all times, so you will be required to work to a 24/7 roster.
Please apply using the link below.
Serco is committed to diversity in our workforce. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait peoples and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. For more information about Serco please visit our website www.serco-ap.com